Almond butter blondies are the ultimate guilt-free treat that is secretly healthy and incredibly delicious. This easy blondie recipe combines the flavor of almond butter with chocolate chips for the perfect cookie-like texture in handy bar form.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of blondies that will satisfy your sweet tooth without all the junk that's in store-bought versions. The best part is, no one has to know these blondies are actually good for you!
Why You'll Love These Almond Butter Blondies
There are so many reasons why this blondie recipe needs to be added to your regular dessert rotation.
They're Secretly Healthy
While these taste incredibly indulgent, the ingredient list is full of good-for-you foods. Almond butter provides protein and healthy fats, while almond flour gives you a serving of nuts. Coconut sugar contains nutrients and antioxidants not found in traditional white sugar. Overall, these are a treat you can feel good about eating.
Easy To Make
With just 10 minutes of prep time, this easy blondie recipe comes together in a single mixing bowl. Simply stir the wet and dry ingredients together, add the chocolate chips, and pour into a baking dish. Even novice bakers will have success with this simple bar cookie.
Don't like almonds? No problem! Swap in your favorite nut or seed butter like cashew, sunflower seed, or peanut butter instead. You can also play around with add-ins like dried fruit, extra nuts, coconut, or spice mixes. Make these blondies your own with simple ingredient tweaks.
Bake up a big batch and stash leftovers in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just thaw at room temperature and you've got the easiest homemade treat ready in minutes. You'll be so glad you have these on hand for impromptu sweet cravings.
Ingredients You'll Need
Gather just a few simple ingredients and you'll be ready to make these easy almond butter blondies.
- Almond Butter - Use an all-natural, no-sugar-added variety for the best flavor and texture.
- Almond Flour - Provides structure without gluten. You can substitute another nut flour if needed.
- Sweetener - Coconut sugar, maple syrup, or brown sugar work well.
- Eggs - If desired, you can make these vegan with flax eggs.
- Vanilla - For flavoring. You can sub vanilla bean paste.
- Coconut Oil - Gives moisture without adding bad fats.
- Baking Powder - Helps the blondies rise up.
- Sea Salt - Adds a hint of saltiness to balance the sweetness.
- Chocolate Chips - Semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips make them extra indulgent.
How to Make Almond Butter Blondies
Ready to bake up a pan of these incredible blondies? Just follow these simple steps:
1. Prep the Pan
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper. This allows for easy removal after baking.
2. Mix the Wet Ingredients
In a large bowl, whisk together the almond butter, eggs, sweetener, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined.
3. Stir in the Dry
Add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until fully incorporated into the wet ingredients.
4. Fold in Chocolate Chips
Gently fold in the chocolate chips, being careful not to overmix.
5. Bake and Cool
Spread the thick batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 22-25 minutes at 350°F. The top will look lightly golden when done. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
That's it! With just a few minutes of prep time, you'll have a pan of the ultimate easy, healthy blondies.
Serve these blondies chilled, at room temperature, or even warmed up for 15 seconds to melt the chocolate chips. Here are some tasty ways to enjoy them:
- Top with your favorite nut butter for extra almond flavor
- Serve with a cold glass of nut milk or iced coffee
- Layer between vanilla frozen yogurt for an ice cream sandwich
- Crumble on top of oatmeal or yogurt parfaits
- Dip into melted chocolate or nut butter for added decadence
However you choose to enjoy them, this easy almond butter blondie recipe is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth in a better-for-you way.
What's the difference between blondies and brownies?
While brownies are made with cocoa powder, blondies get their flavor from brown sugar and vanilla. They have a lighter color than chocolatey brownies.
How long do blondies last?
If stored in an airtight container, these will last 3-4 days at room temperature or up to 1 week in the fridge. For longer storage, freeze for 2-3 months.
Can I use peanut butter instead?
Absolutely! For those who can't have tree nuts, you can easily swap the almond butter for peanut butter. The texture may be a little drier, but still tasty.
What sweeteners work besides coconut sugar?
You can use your choice of maple syrup, honey, brown sugar, or granulated sugar in this recipe. For lower sugar, try monkfruit or stevia sweetener blends.
How do I make these vegan?
To make a vegan version, use flax eggs instead of chicken eggs. 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal whisked with 6 tablespoons of water makes 1 flax egg.
These easy almond butter blondies make for a delicious healthier dessert recipe that you can feel good about eating. With simple pantry ingredients, 10 minutes of prep, and no special equipment needed, anyone can make this incredible treat at home.
Satisfy your sweet tooth the whole way with this nutty, chocolatey blondie recipe. One bite and you'll be hooked on this new favorite bar cookie!
Almond Butter Blondies
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond butter, coconut sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Stir until uniform.
- Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Top with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Can freeze for up to 3 months.
- For softer, chewier bars, bake 2-3 minutes less.
- For vegan bars, use 2 flax eggs instead of chicken eggs.
- Feel free to use peanut or cashew butter instead of almond butter if desired.