We’ve researched lots of croutons that you can buy in a store from many different brands. Then we rated and picked the 10 best ones by checking the ratings and reviewers from the buyers. There are many reasons to buy store-bought croutons, but nothing beats the taste of homemade croutons. The best part about them is that they’re so easy to make. Plus, they’re packed with all kinds of goodness – not to mention that you can make them ahead of time and save them for when you’re in a pinch.
Sale1. New York The Original Texas Toast Croutons, Seasoned 5 Oz...
- The Original Texas Toast Seasoned Croutons
- Pack of 4
2. Mrs. Cubbison's Seasoned Croutons, 5 oz
- Prepared from freshly baked bread
- Will enhance the flavor and appearance of any soup or salad
- Seasoned and baked to perfection
3. Fresh Gourmet Premium Croutons | Classic Caesar | 5 Ounce,...
- CLASSIC CAESAR CROUTONS: Premium restaurant style gourmet croutons are a must for your caesar salad;...
- CREATING THE PERFECT CROUTON: We start with fresh, oven-baked bread, toasted to a golden brown;...
- SPRINKLE, CRUNCH, REPEAT: Our premium salad croutons add crunch to your favorite soups, salads and...
- CONVENIENT RESEALABLE BAG: Handy resealable bag helps keep your salad toppings fresh; For maximum...
- ALLERGENS: Contains milk and wheat; Packaged in a facility that also packages tree nuts
- Packaging may vary
4. Fresh Gourmet Premium Croutons, Butter & Garlic, 5 Ounce...
- Butter & Garlic
- Large Cut
- Resealable Bag
- Packaging may vary
5. Best Select Mini Croutons for Soups and Salads - 2 Pack - 15...
- 🥗 - The Best Select Croutons add a nice and flavorful crunch as soup and salad toppings. Comes in...
- 💯 Quality - The Best Select Croutons are Kosher Pareve, NON GMO, have NO Trans Fat and NO MSG, so...
- 😋 Flavors - The Best Select Croutons are full of flavor in every bite. They come in an array of...
- 🧴 Freshness - The Best Select Croutons come in a sealable container so you can maintain and keep...
- 💯 Guaranteed - The Best Select Croutons are made from the highest quality ingredients to offer...
6. Texas Toast Croutons: Cheese & Garlic, Garlic & Butter
- Made from hearth baked French Bread, which gives them a light crispy crunch
- Twice seasoned for 2x the flavor
- Combo back includes two great flavors: Cheese & Garlic and Garlic & Butter
7. Member's Mark Seasoned Croutons (32 oz.) (Pack of 1)
- Made with French bread
- Twice baked and seasoned
- Perfect complement to your salad
- Also add to your stuffing or soup to enhance the flavor
8. Olivia's Croutons Garlic & Herb Certified Organic Croutons...
- GARLIC AND HERB: Organic multigrain bread seasoned with sunflower oil and a mix of garlic and herbs.
- HEALTHY CROUTONS: Our USDA organic croutons for salad toppings are also non-GMO Project Verified!
- HOMEMADE QUALITY: Olivia's salad croutons are made with whole ingredients that enhance any recipe.
- OLIVIA's FAVORITES: Try our crunchy salad toppings with pizza, lasagne, roasted veggies, and soup!
- WOMEN OWNED: A family run, women owned bakery dedicated to making simple, homemade croutons.
9. Gefen Mini Croutons Soup Mandel 14oz (2 Pack) Toasted Soup...
- ULTIMATE SOUP CRACKER - Add Mini Mandel to a Hot Bowl of Soup and Enjoy a Heavenly Crunch in Your...
- NATURALLY BETTER - No Coloring or Preservatives
- MANY OPTIONS - Great In Soups, Perfect Salad Toppers or Snack Right Out of the Jar!
- CONVENIENT - Convenient Packed in a Resealable Container to Preserve Freshness
- CERTIFIED - Certified Kosher for Year Round Use (Excluding Passover)
10. Mrs. Cubbison's Restaurant Style Croutons, Cheese and...
- Croutons, Cheese & Garlic, Restaurant Style
- Perfectly toasted, these golden, crunchy croutons are the ideal topping for any soup or salad
- Made from fresh baked bread
What Are Croutons
Croutons are cubed rebaked bread. They are often seasoned and used as an accompaniment for soups and salads. They are also popular as snack food. Here are some ways to incorporate croutons into your diet. The most popular way is to add them to Caesar salad. They also go well with a variety of other dishes. Read on to learn about some of the benefits of incorporating a daily dose of croutons into your diet.
How To Make Croutons At Home
To make croutons, you’ll need stale bread. Sourdough is best for this. In addition, you should avoid dairy products. Many branded croutons contain milk, butter, or whey protein isolates. To make dairy-free croutons, you will need to choose dairy-free bread.
When making homemade croutons, it’s important to use an oil that has a low moisture content. The oil can be olive oil, rapeseed oil, or a combination of both. The fat in the oil will give the croutons a flavor. They can also be stored for later use.
Croutons can also be made at home using leftover bread. Simply slice the bread into squares and toss it in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then, you’re ready to go. After you’ve toasted the bread, sprinkle it with a little olive oil, and enjoy. This quick and easy recipe can be used to serve croutons to your family. It’s a great snack to make at home or take to work with your team.
How To Store Croutons and How Long Do They Last
Store-bought croutons are a great convenience. The best part is that they can last for months – sometimes even a year. The shelf life is even longer if you buy plain, unseasoned croutons. The best part is that store-bought crumbs are always labeled with a best before date.
We hope you found this article useful and that you gained new information you didn’t have before. If you ever find the time, give homemade croutons a chance. It won’t take long and you will be surprised how tastier homemade croutons are than the store-bought ones.